Request transportation by calling us at 218-827-3480 or by filling out a Transportation Request Form.
Rural Transportation Services provides Specialized Transportation Services (STS), a higher level of nonemergency medical transportation to individuals with disabilities.
STS is a “door through door” or “station-to-station” level of service providing the following:
- Getting from inside the individual’s residence or pick-up location to the vehicle
- Getting into and out of the vehicle
- Fastening seat belts or securing wheelchairs in the vehicle
- Getting into and out of the individual’s medical facility
- Getting to and from the individual’s appropriate medical appointment desk inside the medical facility
Our vehicles are clean, comfortable, and ADA-compliant. We accept payment by Medical Assistance, Health and Medical Insurance and private pay.
Need a Rural Transportation Services flyer? Here’s a PDF for you to print out.
STS Transportation services serving:
Ely, Babbitt, Aurora, Virginia, Hibbing, Duluth, Two Harbors, Silver Bay, Grand Marais, Floodwood, Big Fork, International Falls, Grand Rapids
Enter your origin (start) address or location (i.e., Essentia clinic Duluth MN) and your destination address or location. Click “Get Directions.” The distance and directions are below the map.
About RLE Drivers
Rural Transportation Services’ Drivers are criminal backgrounded, given physicals and drug tests in compliance with the Minnesota Departments of Transportation and Human Services.
RTS drivers also receive extensive training in the following:
- Five Hours CPR/First Aid
- Four Hours Defensive Driving
- Abuse Prevention Training
- Maltreatment of Vulnerable Adults
- Maltreatment of Miners
- Maltreatment Prevention and Response
- Eight Hours Passenger Assistance
- Vehicle Training
- Ramp and Wheelchair Lift Operation
- Wheelchair Securement
- Location of Emergency Items
- Means of Communication
- Completion of Required Forms